How do I apply? We make it easy.
- Contact an Admissions Advisor, or fill out our online application.
- Your personal Admissions Advisor will contact you to answer all your questions and guide you through every step of the enrollment process, including:
- Submitting your application and enrollment documents
- Finding convenient NLC approved student housing
- Information regarding funding options, including scholarship opportunities and financial assistance
- Deciding on your program and campus
- Arranging a campus tour
Long-Term Job Security
- High-paying career with great benefits
- In-demand and fast-growing industry
- Steady job that cannot be outsourced
- Provide stability for your family
The trades are the future. Attending a trade school is a reasonable expense, the wages are competitive and the career trajectories provide an opportunity for growth.
Looking for Challenges, Adventure, and Camaraderie?
Careers in power delivery and telecommunication services are ideal for people who:
- Like working with their hands
- Want variety in their day-to-day
- Enjoy the outdoors and physical activity
Learn from our instructors
Our instructors are professionals of the highest standard:
- Department of Labor (DOL) certified instructors
- Five International Lineman Hall of Fame inductees
- Members of the prestigious IEEE and CIGRE organizations
- Industry and military veterans dedicated to the continual improvement of training, safety, and effectiveness
- Be at least 18 years of age by the start date of the term you select.
- Have a high school diploma or GED.NLC requires high-school-level English language proficiency as documented by a High School Diploma or GED.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Be eligible to obtain a Class A commercial driver’s license (CDL).
- Be physically and mentally fit to participate (official Medical Release form provided during enrollment process).
- Provide proof of current medical insurance coverage by the start date of the term you select. (Students are required to keep current coverage for the duration of the program.)
- Not have a felony conviction on your record.
- Weigh no more than 270 pounds due to weight restrictions of fall protection equipment.
If you meet these qualifications, you are welcome to submit an application.