3 exciting career PROGRAMS:
Natural Gas Technician
- $68,000 Average Industry Wage¹
- Program Length: 7 weeks
Graduates build and maintain surface and underground natural gas service lines, mains and meters for industrial, and residential use.
Telecommunications Lineworker Program
- $65,000 Average Industry Wage²
- Program Length: 7 weeks
Graduates install and maintain the millions of miles of telecommunication lines, fiber optic lines, and technologies that keep our digital nation connected.
Long-Term Job Security
- High-paying career with great benefits
- In-demand and fast-growing industry
- Steady job that cannot be outsourced
- Provide stability for your family
For the first time in my life, I go to work because I truly love what I do.
Looking for Challenges, Adventure, and Camaraderie?
Careers in power delivery, telecommunication services, and natural gas are ideal for people who:
- Like working with their hands
- Want variety in their day-to-day
- Enjoy the outdoors and physical activity
Learn From The Maroons
Professionals of the highest standard
- Department of Labor (DOL) certified instructors
- Five International Lineman Hall of Fame inductees
- Members of the prestigious IEEE and CIGRE organizations
- Industry and military veterans dedicated to the continual improvement of training, safety, and effectiveness
our core values, your success
Love what you do with persistence, motivation, and the attitude to succeed.
Do the right thing — even when no one is watching — trust, honor, and dependability are your hallmarks.
Innovate always, leveraging originality and teamwork, so your legacy of positive contribution is guaranteed.
an industry pioneer for 25 years
- 8,000+ trained each year
- 1000+ network of employers
- 80% graduate employment rate**
NLC is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
ACCSC is a recognized accrediting agency by the U.S. Department of Education.
An Admissions Consultant will answer all of your questions and help you make the decision most suitable for you.
- Be at least 18 years of age by the start date of the term you select
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Possess a valid driver’s license and be eligible to obtain a Class A commercial driver’s license (CDL)
- Be physically and mentally fit to participate (official Medical Release form provided during enrollment process)
- Provide proof of medical insurance coverage for the duration of the program
- Not have a felony conviction on your record
- Weigh no more than 270 pounds (Electrical and Telecommunications Programs Only)
If you meet these qualifications, you are welcome to submit an application.
**Cohort Group (10/2017-9/2018): Of 1162 graduates available for employment, 932 were employed in field.