Investing in your future can be more affordable than you think. Not only is the Telecommunications Lineworker Program term shorter than even one semester at a standard 4-year college, but it is also a fraction of the cost. We understand the energy and resources that go into creating the career and life that you want and we are committed to assisting you along the way, and making the process more than worth your while.

Tuition and fees $8,850



  • Telecommunications
  • Building Equipment Contracting
  • Utility System Construction
  • Computer Systems Design & Related Services
  • Cable and Other Subscription Programming
  • Heavy and Civil Engineering Construction




TLP Price Breakdown
Required Tuition & Fees
Application Fee*
Paid with application
Lab Fee
Paid during enrollment process
Due 4 weeks prior to term start
Climbing & Hand tools, NLC Safety Shirts
Due 4 weeks prior to term start
Required Associated Costs
Commercial Learner’s Permit ¹
Idaho Campus Only
Class A CDL w/ Brakes Endorsement ¹
Due to differing state laws, CDL/CLP requirements vary. See CDL/CLP section of the catalog for further information.

*Application fee $50 for terms 2003 and later
¹DMV costs are estimated, and are subject to change without notice. Please confirm current pricing with the applicable state DMV.

ways to help manage tuition costs

Understanding that finding funding can be somewhat challenging, Northwest Lineman College is continually researching options to assist students in investing in their education. Below are options that students have used with success. It is recommended to check this page on a regular basis, as updates will be made as other options become available.



When it comes to higher education, there are traditionally two types of loans available: federal and non-federal (private) student loans. In an effort to keep tuition costs as affordable as possible, NLC does not participate, receive, or qualify for federal funding programs—meaning it does not accept any federal loans or student aid (FAFSA). However, private student loans are accepted, which a great number of NLC students have used to pay for their education.

Sallie Mae

Sallie Mae offers comprehensive information and resources to assist students, parents and guidance professionals with financial assistance. Sallie Mae is well established and has worked with students who attend Northwest Lineman College. Many lenders have ceased to offer or make private loans for various reasons. However, you are free to do research with other private loan lenders. For more information on financial assistance through Sallie Mae, please click the NLC campus you wish to attend below:



Northwest Lineman College is happy to partner with Meritize Financial to offer student loans that are customized based on individual student performance. Students are able to finance the full cost of attendance (tuition, fees, room and board.)

More Info

Mountain america credit union (Idaho only)

Mountain America Credit Union is a trusted lender who works directly with the Idaho NLC campus to offer our ID students private student loans. Minimum criteria for loan:

  • A Northwest Lineman Student applying for the Idaho NLC campus
  • A Student who resides in Idaho, Utah, Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico, or Washington
More Info

Other private loans

Local banks and credit unions sometimes offer loans to those pursuing education, and can be a great resource. That said, it’s important to know the following when seeking untraditional private student loans:

  • NLC does not receive, participate, or qualify for Title IV Funding (anything requiring a FAFSA application—Pell Grant, Stafford Loan, etc). As such, NLC does not provide 1098-T tax forms. Pass this info on to your loan officer to help them find the best option for you.
  • Not all banks offer student loans, but don’t be discouraged—ask them to help you explore all options.
  • Private student loans are becoming more and more common, and most can be applied for online. An Internet search using keywords like “private student loans”, “non-federal student loans”, or “career training loans” may generate useful results.
Other Possible Funding Sources

Students or their families who may belong to a church or any other type of civic-minded organization, like Boys Scouts or 4H, please keep in mind you could qualify for scholarships with one or more of these types of organizations. Typically Rotary Clubs, Various Woman’s Organizations & American Legions or VFWs will also offer small scholarships that help lighten the financial load of funding education.

Tax Information

Northwest Lineman College (NLC) is a private, for-profit higher learning institution. NLC is a nationally accredited institution, however, in an effort to keep tuition costs as affordable as possible, we have made the decision not to participate in Title IV funding. Because we don’t participate in Title IV funding we are not required to issue 1098-T forms.

We ask that any tax questions be addressed with your own tax professional as we are unable to give tax advice.

The EIN# for NLC (Grid Training Corp.) is 82-0468903. Our corporate office is located at:

Northwest Lineman College
7600 South Meridian Road
Meridian, ID 83642

A copy of your statement showing all fees and payments was included in your graduation packet. If you no longer have this, you may request an emailed statement by emailing [email protected]. This email should contain your full name, campus attended, month & year of graduation, and last four digits of your SSN. For confidentiality purposes, this email must come directly from the graduate. Please note, it may take up to 7 business days from the date of this request to receive your emailed statement.

Request More Information

Call now to talk to an Admissions Consultant - 888-LINEWORK

Or fill out the form below and we’ll contact you.

If you meet these qualifications, you are welcome to submit an application.

  • Be 18 years of age at the start date of the term you select;
  • Have a high school diploma or GED;
  • Possess a valid driver’s license (that does not expire prior to term start);
  • Be eligible to obtain a Class A commercial driver’s license (CDL);
  • Be physically and mentally fit to participate (official Medical Release form provided during enrollment process);
  • Provide proof of medical insurance coverage for the duration of the program;
  • Not have a felony conviction on your record;
  • Weigh no more than 270 pounds (ELP and TLP only, due to weight restrictions of fall protection equipment).